The next Community Engagement Forum (CEF) for Bradley Stoke and Stoke Lodge takes places at 7pm on Thursday 22nd February, at Patchway Common Pavilion, The Avenue, Patchway BS34 6BD. This venue is located on the opposite side of the playing field behind the Brook Way Activity Centre / Bradley Stoke Surgery site.
Community Engagement Forums, previously known as Safer and Stronger Community Groups are about listening and responding to local people’s real issues. People in their communities know best what works for them and what their real needs are.
Items on the agenda for the meeting include:
- Presentation/Q&A on local parking issues (e.g. parking on pavements or close to junctions) by Mark Pullin, strong, safer communities manager at South Gloucestershire Council
- Issues with the new traffic lights and road system at the Aztec West Roundabout and the roundabout at M5 J16
Representatives from Avon and Somerset Police and Avon Fire & Rescue are also expected to be in attendance to provide updates.
Items from previous meetings that may be discussed again include speeding in Stean Bridge Road and graffiti and vandalism at numerous locations across the area.
It is anticipated that the recent surge in bike thefts in Bradley Stoke will also be discussed (statistics obtained by the Journal show there have been a further five thefts since 26th January).
More info: Agenda for the CEF meeting on Thursday 12th October [PDF]
Last 5 posts in General News
- Local student's 'hero' word art drawing to be raffled for charity - May 11th, 2020
- Lake desilting project: Further details released - May 10th, 2020
- [Letter] What are they doing to our town centre? - March 4th, 2020
- Local mum and son team become published authors - March 3rd, 2020
- Councillors overruled: McDonald’s and Starbucks drive-throughs allowed on appeal - February 26th, 2020