Police are appealing for witnesses after a 29-year-old Asian man was subjected to racist abuse as he walked through an underpass that connects Bradley Stoke with Stoke Gifford.
It happened at about 7.30pm on Thursday 5th July in the Winterbourne Road underpass, between Huckley Way and Oxbarton.
A group of about seven young people were in the underpass and one young man shouted racial abuse. He was described as black, aged about 18, about 5ft 7ins tall and of slim build with an Afro hairstyle.
The suspect was with a group which included a white man of a similar age, who was about 5ft 9ins tall, with blond hair and two young women, also white. The man who was abused described being followed a little way but then left alone.
Neighbourhood officers are investigating, and anyone with any information which could help is asked to get in touch through www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/ contact, or by calling 101, quoting reference 5218149148.
Alternatively, ring the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. They never ask your name or trace your call.
• Advice about hate crime (Avon and Somerset Police)
Photo: Underpass viewed from the Huckley Way side.
Source: Press release from Avon and Somerset Police.
Last 5 posts in Police
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - January 23rd, 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - November 15th, 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - July 30th, 2019
- Working group formed to tackle “spike” in ASB - July 8th, 2019
- New year starts without a single PCSO in the Stokes - February 12th, 2019