A statement from First West of England.
First West of England is pleased to announce that the T1 service will be enhanced from January to provide customers in Bradley Stoke with greater travel flexibility.
As well as the launch of the new M1 MetroBus service, linking the south and north of the city, the popular T1 service will offer an additional early morning and early evening run into and back from the city centre.
The new M1 MetroBus route will take on the provision of travel between Aztec West and the city centre, providing sufficient capacity for the two morning and evening duplicate journeys [introduced in September] to be withdrawn from the T1 service.
The changes will happen on Sunday 6th January, which is the same date the M1 MetroBus service launches.
Simon Ford, commercial manager, First West of England, said:
“We remain committed to service T1, as this is the key service to our offer in Thornbury. While the route through Bradley Stoke will be duplicated by the M1 MetroBus service, the T1 does not serve UWE and therefore the MetroBus may be preferred by some Bradley Stoke customers.”
“We believe the combination of the M1 and T1 will significantly improve our transport offer through Bradley Stoke.”
• For timetable information, visit www.firstgroup.com/bristol-bath-and-west
This article originally appeared in the December 2018 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine (on page 16). The magazine is delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH (except August), to ALL 8,700 homes in Bradley Stoke. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
UPDATE (18th December 2018)
Timetable for the T1 service from 6th January 2019:
- Brochure on First website [PDF; 2.2MB]
- Timetable downloaded from Traveline South West website [PDF; 0.3MB]
Note: The above timetables also show the new T3 service, which replaces the X73 service from 6th January 2019.
See also: M1 Metrobus [The Journal]
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus timetable changes on M1 & 73 from Sunday - 10th April 2021
- Raised table proposed for Brook Way zebra crossing - 4th April 2021
- 'Hop-on, hop-off' e-scooter hire scheme arrives in the Stokes - 14th February 2021
- Bus service frequencies to be reduced from Sunday - 22nd January 2021
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020