Bradley Stoke’s Willow Brook shopping centre got the festive season off to a bright start on the evening of Friday 16th November with a programme of entertainment in the town square rounded off by a spectacular fireworks display.
A packed crowd enjoyed performances by Britain’s Got Talent finalist Andrew Bourn, who sang a selection of Christmas songs, and fire jugglers Loz and Marky who wowed the crowds with their daredevil act which included fire eating and firecracker whips.
Children enjoyed fairground rides and a giant inflatable slide set up in the bus stop corner of the square while food and drink stalls did brisk business throughout the two-and-a-half hour programme.
The culmination of the evening was the switching on of the centre’s Christmas lights, which occurred simultaneously with the start of a five-minute fireworks display launched from the roof of the centre.
More photographs from the event, including some great shots taken from a drone circling above the centre, may be viewed on the Willow Brook Centre’s page on Facebook.
Just a few of the comments left on the BSJ Facebook page:
- “Brilliant, thanks to the Willow Brook and BSR for a fab Christmas lights switch-on”
- “Kids loved it; brilliant night”
- “Definitely best one yet! Fireworks were a brilliant addition!”
This article originally appeared in the December 2018 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine (on page 26). The magazine is delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH (except August), to ALL 8,700 homes in Bradley Stoke. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook shopping centre prepares for more businesses to reopen - 9th June 2020
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - 19th September 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - 6th September 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - 10th August 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - 2nd August 2019