ALL 650 places for the 2019 renewal of the Bradley Stoke 10k Run, which takes place on Sunday 9th June as part of the town’s community festival, were snapped up within 48 hours of entries opening on 9th February.
Organised by local ladies-only running club Sole Sisters, the race starts and finishes at the Jubilee Centre in Savages Wood Road, where there will also be free car parking, showers, toilets and refreshments for runners and spectators.
The race route takes in much of the Three Brooks Nature Reserve as well as stretches along Brook Way and Bradley Stoke Way.
Open to men and women aged 16 and over, this year’s race will have a time limit of 90 minutes.
As in previous years, the race will use ‘chip’ timing and all finishers will receive a technical t-shirt and medal.
A spokesperson for Sole Sisters said the club would not be operating a waiting list this year, but anyone who has entered but now finds themselves unable to take part can advertise their place on the Bradley Stoke 10k Facebook page and arrange a self-service transfer through the RaceNation website. This facility will be available up to 31st May.
This article originally appeared in the March 2019 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine (on page 14). The magazine is delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH (except August), to ALL 8,700 homes in Bradley Stoke. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in Sport
- Young footballers back in training at new base - 1st October 2020
- Every step matters for the Sole Sisters runners - 30th September 2020
- Ladies’ football teams ready for new season - 19th September 2020
- Hundreds attend Butty’s memorial match at BSCS - 10th February 2020
- Sole Sisters can get you running – Beginners’ course starts Monday 6th January - 5th January 2020