Councillor Robert Jones was elected as Chair (and Mayor) of Bradley Stoke Town Council at tonight’s Annual General Meeting. The new Deputy Chair is Councillor Mark Forsyth.
Councillor Jones, who represents the town’s Baileys Court ward, also serves as a District Councillor on South Gloucestershire Council. He has been a member of the Town Council since 2006 and has served as Chair of the Finance & Leisure Committee in the past year.
Outgoing Mayor Julian Barge, who has served as Chair for a total of three (non-consecutive) years, performed his final duty in the role when he presented a cheque for £5823 to representatives of his two chosen charities – the Bristol Urological Prostate Cancer Appeal and the Nicola Corry Support Foundation. The amount represents money contributed towards the Mayor’s Fund from donations or special money-raising events during the Mayor’s year in office – notably the Community Festival in June and the Fireworks Display in November.
Last 5 posts in Bradley Stoke Town Council
- Meet the new mayor: Cllr Tony Griffiths - 2nd August 2020
- Light pollution issue leads council to restrict opening hours of new car park - 4th February 2020
- Work set to start soon on Brook Way car park - 6th October 2019
- Petty party politics return to town council at AGM - 25th June 2019
- Meet the new mayor: Councillor Tom Aditya - 16th June 2019