TV crews were today once again in action at Baileys Court bowling green as they recorded members of Northavon Bowls Club removing equipment from the facility. In an ongoing dispute over the rental agreement for the green, Bradley Stoke Town Council (BSTC) had ordered the Club to remove its effects by 5pm on 28th May.
Despite today’s retreat, the bowlers are confident that legal action will eventually allow them to return to the green. A spokesperson for the Club revealed that it has recently used the Freedom of Information Act to obtain crucial documents from BSTC, which the Club claims strengthen its case against the Council.
Today’s events are expected to feature in tonight’s BBC and ITV regional news programmes and tomorrow’s Western Daily Press and Bristol Evening Post.
Last 5 posts in Bradley Stoke Town Council
- Meet the new mayor: Cllr Tony Griffiths - 2nd August 2020
- Light pollution issue leads council to restrict opening hours of new car park - 4th February 2020
- Work set to start soon on Brook Way car park - 6th October 2019
- Petty party politics return to town council at AGM - 25th June 2019
- Meet the new mayor: Councillor Tom Aditya - 16th June 2019