TV crews were today once again in action at Baileys Court bowling green as they recorded members of Northavon Bowls Club removing equipment from the facility. In an ongoing dispute over the rental agreement for the green, Bradley Stoke Town Council (BSTC) had ordered the Club to remove its effects by 5pm on 28th May.
Despite today’s retreat, the bowlers are confident that legal action will eventually allow them to return to the green. A spokesperson for the Club revealed that it has recently used the Freedom of Information Act to obtain crucial documents from BSTC, which the Club claims strengthen its case against the Council.
Today’s events are expected to feature in tonight’s BBC and ITV regional news programmes and tomorrow’s Western Daily Press and Bristol Evening Post.
Last 5 posts in Bradley Stoke Town Council
- Light pollution issue leads council to restrict opening hours of new car park - February 4th, 2020
- Work set to start soon on Brook Way car park - October 6th, 2019
- Petty party politics return to town council at AGM - June 25th, 2019
- Meet the new mayor: Councillor Tom Aditya - June 16th, 2019
- Meet the new mayor: Councillor Ben Randles - June 17th, 2018