First Group has announced changes to the 73 service, which links Cribbs Causeway to the City Centre via Bradley Stoke. The timings along certain journeys have been altered by 1-2 minutes to provide a more reliable service. The changes are said to be based on a new satellite tracking system introduced earlier this year which tracks actual journey times.
A number of journeys on the 74 service, which links Stoke Gifford to the City Centre via Bradley Stoke, have been axed. An announcement on the company’s website states that:
Due to low customer demand we will no longer run the following journeys: 0714 and 0757 to the Centre and 1725 to Bakers Ground. We will continue to run the 0737 journey to the Centre and the 1743 journey to Bakers Ground.
The changes came into effect yesterday (3rd August).
Related Links: The Journal’s guide to bus services in Bradley Stoke
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus timetable changes on M1 & 73 from Sunday - 10th April 2021
- Raised table proposed for Brook Way zebra crossing - 4th April 2021
- 'Hop-on, hop-off' e-scooter hire scheme arrives in the Stokes - 14th February 2021
- Bus service frequencies to be reduced from Sunday - 22nd January 2021
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020