First Group has announced changes to the 73 service, which links Cribbs Causeway to the City Centre via Bradley Stoke. The timings along certain journeys have been altered by 1-2 minutes to provide a more reliable service. The changes are said to be based on a new satellite tracking system introduced earlier this year which tracks actual journey times.
A number of journeys on the 74 service, which links Stoke Gifford to the City Centre via Bradley Stoke, have been axed. An announcement on the company’s website states that:
Due to low customer demand we will no longer run the following journeys: 0714 and 0757 to the Centre and 1725 to Bakers Ground. We will continue to run the 0737 journey to the Centre and the 1743 journey to Bakers Ground.
The changes came into effect yesterday (3rd August).
Related Links: The Journal’s guide to bus services in Bradley Stoke
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020
- Rabbit Roundabout improvements: Completion date slips into October - 21st October 2020
- Legal e-scooter trial expected to start soon - 10th October 2020
- Roadworks in the Stokes: Plenty more to come! - 8th October 2020
- Woodlands Lane roundabout resurfacing set to start on Thursday - 16th September 2020