The first consignment of the sand that will form Bradley Stoke’s experimental “beach” has been deposited on the Jubilee Green in Savages Wood Road. The beach will be present for the month of August and is intended to stimulate discussion as to whether a “sand feature” might be incorporated into the Beacon Playground that is to be built on the Green.
Southern Brooks Community Partnership (SBCP) is encouraging residents to:
Bring your deck chairs and picnics, buckets and spades, come and enjoy it and help look after the area by taking litter home and discouraging animal fouling.
More information on the news page of the SBCP website.
Discussion documents for the site will be available at the Stronger and Safer Community meeting on 30th September at Bradley Stoke Community School.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018