The men’s team of Northavon Bowling Club (pictured above) finished runners-up in the final of the Gloucestershire Championship on Sunday (31st August).
The bowlers, led by captain Mike Humphries, won all of their matches in the Bristol section, making them Bristol champions. In the semi-final they faced the Stroud section champions, winning through to the final on the last “end”.
A close-fought battle in the final saw the team narrowly defeated by the Cheltenham section champions, the final score being two “rinks” to one.
Club secretary, Margaret Thompson, described the team’s success as “a great achievement under the club’s present circumstances.”
The club has been without a home ground since May, when it was evicted from its long-established Baileys Court base by Bradley Stoke Town Council following a dispute over a new rental agreement.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018