The work of two local Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) has led to a man being detained on suspicion of thefts from cars in Bradley Stoke and Stoke Gifford.
PCSOs Kirsty Flicker and John Hitchings were on a routine patrol on Tuesday (25th November) when they were given details of a man who had been seen acting suspiciously around cars.
The PCSOs immediately passed on the information to regular officer colleagues, and a plain clothes unit was dispatched.
Police officers subsequently arrested a 32-year-old man in a car park in Bradley Stoke.
The suspect was scheduled to appear yesterday (27th November) at North Avon Magistrates Court to face two charges of theft from a motor vehicle, one charge of attempted theft from a motor vehicle, one charge of going equipped to steal and one of handling stolen goods.
- Bradley Stoke Journal : Police
- Avon and Somerset Police : Crime Prevention Advice for Vehicle Owners
Last 5 posts in Police
- Arrests made following reported assault in Kemperleye Way - 28th March 2021
- Man remanded in custody following Stanley Mead burglary - 15th October 2020
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - 23rd January 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - 15th November 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - 30th July 2019