This year’s race, to be held on Sunday 14th June as part of the Bradley Stoke Community Festival, will start and finish at the Jubilee Centre in Savages Wood Road.
In previous years the race has started from a point on Bradley Stoke Way, close to the Leisure Centre, but competitors told organisers they disliked having to trek to the start from the parking and changing facilities at the Jubilee Centre.
Elsewhere on the course, difficulties reported by marshals at the Ferndene road crossing have led to the final part of the race being routed down Brook Way instead of Bradley Stoke Way. On emerging from The Common (East), after crossing Primrose Bridge, runners will now turn left rather than right into Brook Way.
The Journal has made a plan of the revised race route available on Google Maps – our acclaimed plan of last year’s route has been viewed over 1,000 times.
There is every chance that this year’s race will have the biggest-ever field as the entry limit has been increased to 350 (up by 50 on last year).
Full details of how to enter the race may be found on the Sole Sisters Running Club website.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018