Police in Bradley Stoke are appealing for witnesses after reports of vandals putting lives at risk by damaging car tyres.
Between 23rd April and 4th May, police say they have had four reports of car tyres being damaged by having screws deliberately driven into them in the Saxon Way area. One family is said to have had five tyres damaged in this way.
Recent comments published in the Bradley Stoke Examiner suggest that the problem could be more widespread, with incidents also being reported in The Bluebells.
Bradley Stoke Neighbourhood PC Steven Palmer (pictured right) said:
“After speaking to the first victim, myself and Police Community Support Officer Jason Green leafleted and spoke to other residents. We warned people to check their tyres before driving and encouraged more victims to come forward.”
“This is not a prank – this sort of damage to car tyres could easily result in a driver losing control of the vehicle. Those responsible are reckless to the fact that people could be hurt as a result of their actions.”
“I would ask anyone who has any information about those responsible to contact the Neighbourhood Team at Filton Police Station on 0845 456 7000.”
“Alternatively they can call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. Callers do not have to give their names and could qualify for a reward.”
Police say they have stepped up patrols in the area and warned Neighbourhood Watch members to be on the alert.
Last 5 posts in Police
- Arrests made following reported assault in Kemperleye Way - 28th March 2021
- Man remanded in custody following Stanley Mead burglary - 15th October 2020
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - 23rd January 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - 15th November 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - 30th July 2019