Two candidates have been declared to contest a by-election for a vacant seat on Bradley Stoke Town Council.
The vacancy arose when Cllr David Skeet (Conservative) resigned his position as a representative of the Meadowbank parish ward, following “criticism of his poor attendance record [at Council meetings] due to illness”.
The Liberal Democrat candidate is Sachin Singhal of Ormonds Close, Bradley Stoke. Mr Singhal works for a telecommunications company at Aztec West.
Ernie Brown of Mead Road, Stoke Gifford, is the Conservative candidate. Mr Brown is a retired aircraft engineer, who previously served in the Royal Navy and worked at Airbus, Filton.
Voting will take place on Thursday 26th November.
Candidate profiles can be seen on our Meadowbank By-election 2009 page.
Last 5 posts in Bradley Stoke Town Council
- Light pollution issue leads council to restrict opening hours of new car park - February 4th, 2020
- Work set to start soon on Brook Way car park - October 6th, 2019
- Petty party politics return to town council at AGM - June 25th, 2019
- Meet the new mayor: Councillor Tom Aditya - June 16th, 2019
- Meet the new mayor: Councillor Ben Randles - June 17th, 2018