Two young men who racially abused Asian cricketers on the field next to Patchway Common Pavilion last June have been dealt with by the youth court.
A 19-year-old from Bradley Stoke and an 18-year-old from Patchway were convicted in December of racially aggravated public order.
The 19-year-old was ordered to carry out 24 hours’ community service and pay compensation to his victims and costs.
The 17-year-old was also ordered to pay compensation and costs, and must spend 18 hours at an Attendance Centre.
Source: Avon and Somerset Police
Last 5 posts in Police
- Man remanded in custody following Stanley Mead burglary - 15th October 2020
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - 23rd January 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - 15th November 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - 30th July 2019
- Working group formed to tackle “spike” in ASB - 8th July 2019