Bradley Stoke Town Council (BSTC) is inviting everyone to join in a tidy up of the town on Friday 30th April, from 10am to 4pm.
Residents are encouraged to “join in the fun” by forming litter picking groups for their local streets or helping out at organised clear ups around the Council’s activity centres at Brook Way, Baileys Court and the Jubilee Centre.
South Gloucestershire Council, through its Big Spring Clean scheme, will provide gloves and black bags for the volunteers and arrange for disposal of the collected rubbish.
The Bradley Stoke Street Carers volunteer group, started by David Dace, BSTC’s Mobile Cleaning Operative (MCO), will also be helping out on the day.
Cllr Mark Forsyth, Mayor of Bradley Stoke, said:
“‘Since employing the MCO, the level of littering in Bradley Stoke has been greatly reduced. Not only has Dave Dace been working with local residents, he has also met with members of the business community who have also now started to ensure that the [Almondsbury] Business Park is a cleaner place to visit and work.”
The Bradley Stoke Street Carers say they will be holding another Saturday morning ‘Big Clean Up’ soon – look out for more details in The Journal.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Local student's 'hero' word art drawing to be raffled for charity - May 11th, 2020
- Lake desilting project: Further details released - May 10th, 2020
- [Letter] What are they doing to our town centre? - March 4th, 2020
- Local mum and son team become published authors - March 3rd, 2020
- Councillors overruled: McDonald’s and Starbucks drive-throughs allowed on appeal - February 26th, 2020