Bradley Stoke Town Council (BSTC) is inviting everyone to join in a tidy up of the town on Friday 30th April, from 10am to 4pm.
Residents are encouraged to “join in the fun” by forming litter picking groups for their local streets or helping out at organised clear ups around the Council’s activity centres at Brook Way, Baileys Court and the Jubilee Centre.
South Gloucestershire Council, through its Big Spring Clean scheme, will provide gloves and black bags for the volunteers and arrange for disposal of the collected rubbish.
The Bradley Stoke Street Carers volunteer group, started by David Dace, BSTC’s Mobile Cleaning Operative (MCO), will also be helping out on the day.
Cllr Mark Forsyth, Mayor of Bradley Stoke, said:
“‘Since employing the MCO, the level of littering in Bradley Stoke has been greatly reduced. Not only has Dave Dace been working with local residents, he has also met with members of the business community who have also now started to ensure that the [Almondsbury] Business Park is a cleaner place to visit and work.”
The Bradley Stoke Street Carers say they will be holding another Saturday morning ‘Big Clean Up’ soon – look out for more details in The Journal.
Last 5 posts in General News
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020
- Residents and businesses invited to enter mayor’s half-term charity scarecrow trail - 12th September 2020