Toby Cox of ‘Help Toby Walk‘ fame is back in Bradley Stoke following his selective dorsal rhizotomy (SDR) operation in the United States.
The young cerebral palsy sufferer returned to school for the last few days of the summer term and is said to be “thrilled with his new body”.
His regular local physiotherapist says she is amazed at Toby’s range of movement and the strength he is showing so soon after his operation.
The local community raised over £36,000 to send Toby to the St Louis Children’s Hospital for the life-changing operation.
Toby’s story has inspired the parents of another local child to start the Footsteps 4 Abigail campaign to send their daughter, Abigail Newton Smith, for the same operation in St Louis.
Read more: Help Toby Walk – Blog
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Local mum’s new role supporting families of children with heart conditions - 6th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - 23rd May 2020
- Local residents in training for 110-mile cancer charity walk - 29th February 2020
- Marie Curie fundraisers looking for new volunteers in 2020 - 18th January 2020
- Mental Elf Run a resounding success - 10th January 2020