Toby Cox of ‘Help Toby Walk‘ fame is back in Bradley Stoke following his selective dorsal rhizotomy (SDR) operation in the United States.
The young cerebral palsy sufferer returned to school for the last few days of the summer term and is said to be “thrilled with his new body”.
His regular local physiotherapist says she is amazed at Toby’s range of movement and the strength he is showing so soon after his operation.
The local community raised over £36,000 to send Toby to the St Louis Children’s Hospital for the life-changing operation.
Toby’s story has inspired the parents of another local child to start the Footsteps 4 Abigail campaign to send their daughter, Abigail Newton Smith, for the same operation in St Louis.
Read more: Help Toby Walk – Blog
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Covid won’t wilt Marie Curie’s Great Daffodil Appeal - 19th March 2021
- Teenager's cake bakes raise hundreds of pounds for local charity - 13th January 2021
- Grant award a welcome boost for local charity - 17th November 2020
- Local mum’s new role supporting families of children with heart conditions - 6th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - 23rd May 2020