CCTV cameras installed without warning at three roundabouts on Bradley Stoke Way on Monday are counting traffic, according to South Gloucestershire Council [SGC].
Two cameras were installed on each of the Patchway Brook, Webbs Wood and Baileys Court roundabouts, along with equipment boxes belonging to a company called Count on Us.
A number of curious Journal readers contacted us on Monday to ask if we knew what the cameras were for, so we asked the Council for a statement.
An SGC spokesperson told us today:
“The cameras have been installed as part of a programme of traffic counts across the district. The temporary cameras will be taken down tomorrow (Wednesday) and moved to new locations, some within Bradley Stoke, to begin monitoring on Thursday for the day.”
Last 5 posts in General News
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020
- Residents and businesses invited to enter mayor’s half-term charity scarecrow trail - 12th September 2020