CCTV cameras installed without warning at three roundabouts on Bradley Stoke Way on Monday are counting traffic, according to South Gloucestershire Council [SGC].
Two cameras were installed on each of the Patchway Brook, Webbs Wood and Baileys Court roundabouts, along with equipment boxes belonging to a company called Count on Us.
A number of curious Journal readers contacted us on Monday to ask if we knew what the cameras were for, so we asked the Council for a statement.
An SGC spokesperson told us today:
“The cameras have been installed as part of a programme of traffic counts across the district. The temporary cameras will be taken down tomorrow (Wednesday) and moved to new locations, some within Bradley Stoke, to begin monitoring on Thursday for the day.”
Last 5 posts in General News
- Local student's 'hero' word art drawing to be raffled for charity - May 11th, 2020
- Lake desilting project: Further details released - May 10th, 2020
- [Letter] What are they doing to our town centre? - March 4th, 2020
- Local mum and son team become published authors - March 3rd, 2020
- Councillors overruled: McDonald’s and Starbucks drive-throughs allowed on appeal - February 26th, 2020