CCTV cameras installed without warning at three roundabouts on Bradley Stoke Way on Monday are counting traffic, according to South Gloucestershire Council [SGC].
Two cameras were installed on each of the Patchway Brook, Webbs Wood and Baileys Court roundabouts, along with equipment boxes belonging to a company called Count on Us.
A number of curious Journal readers contacted us on Monday to ask if we knew what the cameras were for, so we asked the Council for a statement.
An SGC spokesperson told us today:
“The cameras have been installed as part of a programme of traffic counts across the district. The temporary cameras will be taken down tomorrow (Wednesday) and moved to new locations, some within Bradley Stoke, to begin monitoring on Thursday for the day.”
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020