CCTV cameras installed without warning at three roundabouts on Bradley Stoke Way on Monday are counting traffic, according to South Gloucestershire Council [SGC].
Two cameras were installed on each of the Patchway Brook, Webbs Wood and Baileys Court roundabouts, along with equipment boxes belonging to a company called Count on Us.
A number of curious Journal readers contacted us on Monday to ask if we knew what the cameras were for, so we asked the Council for a statement.
An SGC spokesperson told us today:
“The cameras have been installed as part of a programme of traffic counts across the district. The temporary cameras will be taken down tomorrow (Wednesday) and moved to new locations, some within Bradley Stoke, to begin monitoring on Thursday for the day.”
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021