Bristol City Council’s move to stage a free fireworks display on the Downs next year could result in a smaller attendance at Bradley Stoke Town Council’s corresponding event at the Jubilee Centre.
Crowds at the local display have been boosted in the past two years, following cancellation of the Bristol event previously organised by Bristol Round Table and Clifton Rotary Club.
The move could hit the amount raised for the Mayor’s charity but might also ease concerns over crowd safety that were raised after this year’s event.
Last 5 posts in Local Government
- Another Bradley Stoke town councillor resigns - 23rd March 2021
- South Glos council tax to rise by 4.99 percent - 14th March 2021
- Stokes councillor becomes first black Cabinet member - 13th December 2020
- South Glos council tax to rise by 3.99 percent - 18th March 2020
- By-election set to see around 6,700 voters called to the polls in Bradley Stoke South - 4th March 2020