Bristol City Council’s move to stage a free fireworks display on the Downs next year could result in a smaller attendance at Bradley Stoke Town Council’s corresponding event at the Jubilee Centre.
Crowds at the local display have been boosted in the past two years, following cancellation of the Bristol event previously organised by Bristol Round Table and Clifton Rotary Club.
The move could hit the amount raised for the Mayor’s charity but might also ease concerns over crowd safety that were raised after this year’s event.
Last 5 posts in Local Government
- South Glos council tax to rise by 3.99 percent - 18th March 2020
- By-election set to see around 6,700 voters called to the polls in Bradley Stoke South - 4th March 2020
- Councillor’s resignation could trigger costly by-election - 3rd February 2020
- All change for local elections on 2nd May - 3rd April 2019
- South Glos council tax to rise by 2.99 percent - 14th March 2019