South Gloucestershire Council is encouraging residents to make use of a new cycle route between Bradley Stoke and Cribbs Causeway to help get in some last minute Christmas shopping.
The three mile route, which runs from Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre to the Mall at Cribbs Causeway, consists of a series of dedicated or mixed-use cycle paths and quiet roads which have been joined up in recent months with resurfaced paths, new street lighting and safe level crossing points.
The route has been provided at a cost of £200,000, funded from ring-fenced Cycling City money.
Councillor Brian Allinson, South Gloucestershire Executive Member for Cycling City said:
“This route will make it easier for cyclists to travel to Cribbs Causeway, which is timely for that last bit of Christmas shopping.”
The Council says signage for the new route will be completed in the new year. In the meantime, a map of the route is available on the MapMyRide website and a YouTube video of a cyclist following the route can be seen on the Better by Bike website.
For those looking to complete their Christmas shopping nearer home, Bradley Stoke’s Tesco Extra store is open until 7pm tonight (Christmas Eve).
Related link: Bradley Stoke Christmas 2010 opening times
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018