The Highways Agency has announced that the M5 motorway will be closed tonight (Saturday 5th February 2011) in both directions between junctions 17 (Cribbs Causeway) and 18 (Avonmouth).
The closure is necessary to allow contractors to reinstate the Lawrence Weston pedestrian and cyclist bridge, which was demolished on Christmas Day 2009.
The closure of the notorway is scheduled to last from 8pm on Saturday 5th February until approximately 10am on Sunday 6th February.
Diversions via the M4 and M49 will be operation.
Read more: Highways Agency
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus service frequencies increased to support social distancing as lockdown eased - May 31st, 2020
- Roundabout work sees 200 tonnes of material removed in first six weeks - March 9th, 2020
- Potholed Bradley Stoke road to be resurfaced - February 17th, 2020
- Bus boss critical of roadworks planning - February 12th, 2020
- Rabbit Roundabout roadworks bring delays of up to 40 minutes - February 8th, 2020