The Highways Agency has announced that the M5 motorway will be closed tonight (Saturday 5th February 2011) in both directions between junctions 17 (Cribbs Causeway) and 18 (Avonmouth).
The closure is necessary to allow contractors to reinstate the Lawrence Weston pedestrian and cyclist bridge, which was demolished on Christmas Day 2009.
The closure of the notorway is scheduled to last from 8pm on Saturday 5th February until approximately 10am on Sunday 6th February.
Diversions via the M4 and M49 will be operation.
Read more: Highways Agency
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020
- Rabbit Roundabout improvements: Completion date slips into October - 21st October 2020
- Legal e-scooter trial expected to start soon - 10th October 2020
- Roadworks in the Stokes: Plenty more to come! - 8th October 2020
- Woodlands Lane roundabout resurfacing set to start on Thursday - 16th September 2020