Bradley Stoke Councillor Robert Jones has attracted criticism from the blogosphere after he published an insensitive message about proposed Council cuts on the social media site Twitter.
The message, sent from the Councillor’s mobile phone as he was waiting for South Gloucestershire Council’s budget-setting meeting to begin on Wednesday evening, read:
“Just arrived at south glos council ahead of tonight’s budget. No sign of protest. Clearly we’re not cutting enough.”
The ‘tweet’ was perhaps referring to protests that had occurred at Bristol City Council’s budget meeting the previous day but the final “not cutting enough” part of the message has been seized upon by left wing bloggers, led by Bristol trade unionist yokelbear.
Cllr Jones appears to have since deleted the message but it has been preserved for posterity on the photo blogging site Twitpic.
Last 5 posts in Politics
- Jack Lopresti re-elected for fourth term as MP - 18th December 2019
- Former Bradley Stoke mayor launches new political party - 2nd October 2019
- Liberal Democrats select prospective candidate for Filton and Bradley Stoke - 16th March 2019
- Labour party selects local MP candidate - 22nd March 2018
- Jack Lopresti holds FaBS but has majority halved - 9th June 2017