A fashion show to mark this year’s International Women’s Day takes place this Tuesday evening (8th March) at Bradley Stoke Community School (BSCS).
The event, organised by Southern Brooks Community Partnership (SBCP), will see over 50 models from India, England, East Asia and Africa showcasing historical and regional fashions.
The evening will also feature the Southern Brooks Outstanding Women’s Awards, now in their third year, to be chosen from 22 nominations in the three categories of personal achievement, young woman and community.
There will be a samba band, drama by a BSCS student presenting a monologue and, courtesy of the Ramada Grange Hotel, a sparkling wine and canapés welcome reception.
The event starts at 6:30pm with a viewing of the South Gloucestershire Visual Art Gallery and a number of information stalls.
Entry costs just £2 (pay on the door), donated to the Friends of Jubilee Green, who will be giving a talk about their work so far and plans for the future.
Once again, men are invited to come along with their partners, if they so wish, says SBCP’s Winsome Barrett-Muir.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018