BBC Bristol reports today that a would-be thief became trapped for four hours in a clothes recycling bin at Bradley Stoke’s Willow Brook Centre as he tried to steal used clothes.
The man had to be cut free by fire officers after he was helped into the bin by an accomplice.
CCTV footage on the BBC News website shows the man being pushed into the bin by an accomplice.
On being confronted by security staff, the accomplice runs away from the scene and the fire brigade is called to cut the top off the bin to free the trapped man.
A police spokesperson told the BBC:
“A 28-year-old man from Filton was arrested on suspicion of theft, interviewed and issued with a caution.”
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020