BBC Bristol reports today that a would-be thief became trapped for four hours in a clothes recycling bin at Bradley Stoke’s Willow Brook Centre as he tried to steal used clothes.
The man had to be cut free by fire officers after he was helped into the bin by an accomplice.
CCTV footage on the BBC News website shows the man being pushed into the bin by an accomplice.
On being confronted by security staff, the accomplice runs away from the scene and the fire brigade is called to cut the top off the bin to free the trapped man.
A police spokesperson told the BBC:
“A 28-year-old man from Filton was arrested on suspicion of theft, interviewed and issued with a caution.”
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021