BBC Bristol reports today that a would-be thief became trapped for four hours in a clothes recycling bin at Bradley Stoke’s Willow Brook Centre as he tried to steal used clothes.
The man had to be cut free by fire officers after he was helped into the bin by an accomplice.
CCTV footage on the BBC News website shows the man being pushed into the bin by an accomplice.
On being confronted by security staff, the accomplice runs away from the scene and the fire brigade is called to cut the top off the bin to free the trapped man.
A police spokesperson told the BBC:
“A 28-year-old man from Filton was arrested on suspicion of theft, interviewed and issued with a caution.”
Last 5 posts in General News
- VE Day carnival rearranged for May 2021 - July 25th, 2020
- Stone ‘happiness snake’ just keeps on growing! - July 14th, 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom summer 2020 update - July 11th, 2020
- The Brightwell: A new beginning - July 10th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Volunteering to ensure the most vulnerable in our community are supported - July 10th, 2020