BBC Bristol reports today that a would-be thief became trapped for four hours in a clothes recycling bin at Bradley Stoke’s Willow Brook Centre as he tried to steal used clothes.
The man had to be cut free by fire officers after he was helped into the bin by an accomplice.
CCTV footage on the BBC News website shows the man being pushed into the bin by an accomplice.
On being confronted by security staff, the accomplice runs away from the scene and the fire brigade is called to cut the top off the bin to free the trapped man.
A police spokesperson told the BBC:
“A 28-year-old man from Filton was arrested on suspicion of theft, interviewed and issued with a caution.”
Last 5 posts in General News
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020
- Residents and businesses invited to enter mayor’s half-term charity scarecrow trail - 12th September 2020