The Bristol Evening Post reports that a charity ball organised by a Bradley Stoke mum has raised a total of £11,000.
The ball, held at Ashton Court Mansion, was staged in memory of her son, Ryan Abrahams, who died in February 2010 aged just 14.
Ryan, who attended Bradley Stoke Community School, suffered from a rare muscular disorder and relied on a motorized wheelchair to get around. A carved bench (photo) dedicated to the memory of Ryan’s short life now stands in the grounds of the school.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Local student's 'hero' word art drawing to be raffled for charity - May 11th, 2020
- Lake desilting project: Further details released - May 10th, 2020
- [Letter] What are they doing to our town centre? - March 4th, 2020
- Local mum and son team become published authors - March 3rd, 2020
- Councillors overruled: McDonald’s and Starbucks drive-throughs allowed on appeal - February 26th, 2020