The Bristol Evening Post reports that a charity ball organised by a Bradley Stoke mum has raised a total of £11,000.
The ball, held at Ashton Court Mansion, was staged in memory of her son, Ryan Abrahams, who died in February 2010 aged just 14.
Ryan, who attended Bradley Stoke Community School, suffered from a rare muscular disorder and relied on a motorized wheelchair to get around. A carved bench (photo) dedicated to the memory of Ryan’s short life now stands in the grounds of the school.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020