The Bristol Evening Post reports that a charity ball organised by a Bradley Stoke mum has raised a total of £11,000.
The ball, held at Ashton Court Mansion, was staged in memory of her son, Ryan Abrahams, who died in February 2010 aged just 14.
Ryan, who attended Bradley Stoke Community School, suffered from a rare muscular disorder and relied on a motorized wheelchair to get around. A carved bench (photo) dedicated to the memory of Ryan’s short life now stands in the grounds of the school.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021