Martin, a founder member of BSYFC, was named winner of the Outstanding Contribution to Community Football Award at the event held on Monday 27th June.
This award was presented in recognition of Martin’s successes with developing football opportunities and increasing participation in the club and the local community.
Since its formation in 1998, Martin has been a driving force behind the growth of the club. In 2007, a school-club link was started, which this season has covered 14 schools and involved 300 children, giving the opportunity of football coaching experience to pupils.
An announcement on the BSYFC website reads:
“This is a well deserved award and well merited. Well done Martin.”
The club itself also received an award, being named the Community Club of the Year for the GFA area.
A message on the BSYFC website reads:
“This is a pat on the back for everyone associated with BSYFC in whatever capacity, especially you parents who support your children from the touchline through sun, wind and wain, encouraging them in the right way, which is the ethos of BSYFC and helping Managers and Coaches as required on match days. Let’s keep up the good work for Bradley Stoke with a smile on our faces.”
Photo: Martin Lee in action at the Bradley Stoke Community Festival 2011.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018