The community of Bradley Stoke has been officially thanked for sending a giant congratulations card to HRH Prince William and Kate Middleton (now the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge) on the occasion of their wedding in April.
The letter, from St James’s Palace, describes the card as “a marvellous piece of work” and makes reference to the hearts, fabric and glitter that members of the local community put on the card at the Royal Wedding ‘street’ party held at the Jubilee Centre.
The group also received a photo card of the royal couple, which can be seen on the FoJG website along with the message on the back of the card.
Michelle Dent, Chair of the Friends of Jubilee Green (FoJG), said she was “very excited” to receive the letter on behalf on the whole community.
The Trustees of the voluntary group will be looking for a suitable place to display the letter and card so the community can view it, she added.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018