The Willow Brook Centre car park in Bradley Stoke, Bristol, has been awarded the ‘Park Mark‘ Safer Parking Award.
Park Mark is an initiative of the Association of Chief Police Officers (APCO) aimed at reducing crime in public parking areas, a very welcome initiative as nationally, vehicle crime accounts for a high percentage of all crime (up to 20%), and it is estimated that 22% of vehicle crime occurs in parking areas [Ref: Home Office Study 266].
For Bradley Stoke shoppers, using a registered Park Mark Safer Parking car park means that the area has been vetted by the police and has measures in place in order to create a safe environment designed to deter criminal activity and anti-social behaviour.
Andy Oram, Operations Manager at the Willow Brook Centre, said:
“We are delighted to receive this nationally recognised award which as well as security is judged on cleanliness, layout and maintenance.”
“We are very proud that our free car park is now listed on the Park Mark website as a recommended place to park in Bradley Stoke. Details, including directions, can be found at www.parkmark.co.uk.”
[Ed: We received this press release back in March but didn’t publish it at the time because the bit about the Willow Brook centre car park being on the Park Mark website wasn’t correct. Five months on it’s still not there, although the centre now proudly displays a large Park Mark sign on the access road to the car park.]
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook shopping centre prepares for more businesses to reopen - 9th June 2020
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - 19th September 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - 6th September 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - 10th August 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - 2nd August 2019