Everyone had great fun on the Stokes Cycling Club’s first mountain bike ride last month, and after requests for more, they are running another on Saturday 22nd October, starting at 2pm from Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre.
It will be about 12 miles long, goes to Tockington and Old Down, and is mainly on tracks and bridleways, so a mountain bike is required, but it won’t be too technical for beginners.
The ride leader, mountain bike coach Andy Parker, said:
“The first ride was great fun, everyone had a good time, and I was able to help some people with their technique. Everyone came back with a smile on their face!”
“If you want to get into mountain biking, but you’re not sure where to ride, come out with us and find out about the local tracks that you can ride on. There are lots of them, but finding them can be tricky.”
Rider Richard Burton said:
“Andy knew about tracks that I didn’t even know existed, and helped me improve my riding. It was a great ride and a lot of fun and I’m looking forward to the next one.”
“If you fancy some fun riding with a friendly local bike club, come along. And if you aren’t into mountain biking, check out our web site for our other rides, with everything from family rides to fifty milers and everything in between.”
Photo: A rider negotiates a hazard on the club’s first mountain bike ride.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - January 8th, 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - September 18th, 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - May 18th, 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - March 30th, 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - December 8th, 2018