Can we hope for any improvement in the 8:30 to 9:00 traffic nightmare on Wheatfield Drive? As ever, this is caused by the school drop, not the new, much-disputed building development.
The traffic calming squeezes serve only to make the situation more dangerous. On school days, a steady stream of traffic enters the street, creating virtual gridlock. Those dropping off their kids frequently park on the street for a considerable time. The upshot of this is that we who live there have to negotiate a nightmare obstacle course in order to get to work.
A simple, low-cost suggestion, short of removing the traffic calming, would be to introduce give-way priority in the traffic calming for cars EXITING the street towards the roundabout on Brook Way.
Ideally, the parents and school would organise a drop off and walk to school scheme operating from, say, the ALDI car park.
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus timetable changes on M1 & 73 from Sunday - 10th April 2021
- Raised table proposed for Brook Way zebra crossing - 4th April 2021
- 'Hop-on, hop-off' e-scooter hire scheme arrives in the Stokes - 14th February 2021
- Bus service frequencies to be reduced from Sunday - 22nd January 2021
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020