Members of a Bradley Stoke-based martial arts team enjoyed a significant medal haul at the PUMA British Championships last weekend.
Whitlock Martial Arts (WMA) fighters collected eight medals at the national event, which took place at the Oasis Centre in Swindon.
Oliver Kimberley enjoyed the highest honour of the day by collecting a gold medal in the blue belt men’s sparring category.
Fellow WMA competitor James Wild also claimed a bronze in the sparring category, while Sarah Davis stepped up to the plate to win a bronze in the female blue belt patterns category.
The club’s Little PUMA and Taekwon-do sections meet at Bradley Stoke Community School.
Read more: Eight-medal haul makes it a great day for Bradley Stoke team (Bristol Evening Post)
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - January 8th, 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - September 18th, 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - May 18th, 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - March 30th, 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - December 8th, 2018