Entries have now opened for the 2012 renewal of the Bradley Stoke 10k Run, to be held on Sunday 3rd June as part of the town’s Community Festival.
Organised by local ladies-only running club Sole Sisters, the race starts and finishes at the Jubilee Centre in Savages Wood Road.
The race route [map] takes in much of the Three Brooks Local Nature Reserve as well as including stretches along Brook Way and Bradley Stoke Way.
Last year’s winner was Peter Morton of Esporta Health Club, who completed the course in a time of 35:26, with Frenchay Runners’ Jessie Sanzo the first woman home in 39:53.
The entry limit for this year’s race remains at 500. Entry fees are unchanged from 2011 at £13 (affiliated)/£15 (unaffiliated).
Organisers and competitors will no doubt be hoping for better weather than last year, when the race was run in heavy rain, a stark contrast to the warm sunshine enjoyed in previous years.
The new MS Therapy Centre in Bradley Stoke has been nominated as the official fundraising charity for this year’s race.
Anyone looking for some race practice prior to the Bradley Stoke event might like to try the Frenchay 10k on Sunday 15th April or the Bristol 10k on Sunday 20th May. More warm-up suggestions are listed on The Journal’s dedicated Bradley Stoke 10k Run page.
More information and related links:
Photo 1: Start of the 2009 Bradley Stoke 10k Run
Photo 2: Damp conditions at the finish of the 2011 race
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018