Bradley Stoke’s Willow Brook Centre kicks off a busy programme of holiday events tomorrow (Thursday 5th) with an Easter Fun Day from 11am to 4pm, featuring animals from St Werburghs City Farm.
Chicks, lambs and bunnies will be there together with some more exotic creatures including a tarantula, scorpion and giant stick insects from Bristol Zoo’s outreach project.
The Easter Bunny will be hopping along too and together with his friend ‘Smiley Bunny’ will be handing out mini Easter eggs.
There will be plenty to do with a craft workshop for kids to make Easter themed items like baskets and bonnets and free face painting too.
Good Friday (6th April) will see local churches staging a ‘walk of witness’ to mark an important day in the Christian calendar. The walk starts from Bradley Stoke Evangelical Church at 10am and finishes at Holy Trinity Church.
The Three Brooks Nature Conservation Group will be in action on Easter Saturday (7th April) clearing scrub in Bowsland Meadow. Meet at the tool store (behind the Leisure Centre) at 10am if you’re interested in getting involved.
Easter Sunday (8th April) sees the second family treasure hunt organised by the Stokes Cycling Club. The free event offers a choice of two routes (2 or 5 miles) on tracks and quiet roads. Start any time between 10am and 12 noon from Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre. Solve the clues and win an Easter egg!
Tesco Extra and other large stores at the Willow Brook Centre will be closed on Easter Sunday. For more information, visit our Holiday Opening Hours information page.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020