The Willow Brook Centre’s car park in Bradley Stoke has been awarded the ‘Park Mark‘ Safer Parking Award for the second year in a row.
Park Mark is an initiative of Chief Police Officers aimed at reducing crime in public parking areas, a very welcome initiative as nationally, vehicle crime accounts for a high percentage of all crime (up to 20%), and it is estimated that 22% of vehicle crime occurs in parking areas [Ref: Home Office Study 266].
For Bradley Stoke shoppers, using a registered Park Mark Safer Parking car park means that the area has been vetted by the Police and has measures in place in order to create a safe environment designed to deter criminal activity and anti-social behaviour.
Scott Lahive, Centre Manager at the Willow Brook Centre, said:
“We are delighted to retain this nationally recognised award.”
“We have been monitored over the past year and in addition to safety, security and surveillance criteria we are judged on boundaries and access for vehicles and pedestrians, lighting, cleanliness and signage.”
Source: Press release by the Willow Brook Centre
Related link: Crime statistics for your local area (Police)
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook shopping centre prepares for more businesses to reopen - June 9th, 2020
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - September 19th, 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - September 6th, 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - August 10th, 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - August 2nd, 2019