A few years ago some work was done on the roundabout at the junction of Winterbourne Road, Great Stoke Way, and Bradley Stoke Way. This work resulted in the significant narrowing of the entry to, and exit from, Great Stoke Way [map].
I infer that there had been a record of “traffic incidents” at this spot, and that the work was done for reasons of safety, backed up with research, experience, and associated reasoning.
I’m interested to learn a) if anyone can confirm a history of “traffic incidents” before the works? and b) if anyone can enlighten me regarding the rationale, which triggered the narrowing those lanes leading into and out of Great Stoke Way.
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus timetable changes on M1 & 73 from Sunday - 10th April 2021
- Raised table proposed for Brook Way zebra crossing - 4th April 2021
- 'Hop-on, hop-off' e-scooter hire scheme arrives in the Stokes - 14th February 2021
- Bus service frequencies to be reduced from Sunday - 22nd January 2021
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020