A few years ago some work was done on the roundabout at the junction of Winterbourne Road, Great Stoke Way, and Bradley Stoke Way. This work resulted in the significant narrowing of the entry to, and exit from, Great Stoke Way [map].
I infer that there had been a record of “traffic incidents” at this spot, and that the work was done for reasons of safety, backed up with research, experience, and associated reasoning.
I’m interested to learn a) if anyone can confirm a history of “traffic incidents” before the works? and b) if anyone can enlighten me regarding the rationale, which triggered the narrowing those lanes leading into and out of Great Stoke Way.
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus service frequencies to be reduced from Sunday - 22nd January 2021
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020
- Rabbit Roundabout improvements: Completion date slips into October - 21st October 2020
- Legal e-scooter trial expected to start soon - 10th October 2020
- Roadworks in the Stokes: Plenty more to come! - 8th October 2020