Bradley Stoke’s ever-popular Town Council Fireworks Display takes place this year on Sunday (4th November 2012) at the Jubilee Centre, Savages Wood Road [BS32 8HL, map].
As in previous years, entrance to the display is free but there will an entry point collection for the Mayor’s charities, which this year are the Alzheimer’s Society Bradley Stoke Sports & Social Club and the Have a Heart Childline Appeal.
Last year’s display was watched by a record crowd estimated at nearly eight thousand and it raised £4,894 for the Three Brooks Nature Conservation Group and the Bradley Stoke Scouts.
With the costs of the fireworks borne by the Council, every penny collected at the event goes to charity.
Gates open at 4:30pm with hot food served from 4:45pm. The display itself starts at 6pm.
No alcohol is allowed on site and sparklers are also forbidden.
Visitors are asked to walk to the venue as no car parking will be available at the Jubilee Centre or on neighbouring streets, with the exception of disabled badge holders.
Those arriving by car are advised to park at the Willow Brook Centre (Tesco Extra) [BS32 8EF, map] and walk to the display.
Families unable to make Sunday’s event in Bradley Stoke have the choice of alternative displays in Downend tonight (Friday) and Winterbourne on Saturday. More details on our Fireworks Display page.
For more ideas of things to do over the weekend, take a look at our What’s On page – the most comprehensive guide to events in and around Bradley Stoke. Example include:
- Half-term family roller skating at Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre this afternoon (Friday 2nd November)
- A nature conservation workday tomorrow (Saturday 3rd November) in the Three Brooks Local Nature Reserve
- Stokes Cycling Club’s novice bike ride to Westerleigh on Sunday morning (4th November)
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018