Bird lovers from Colorado to Flakkebjerg will be joining in this year’s event, rising early to hear birds greet the sunrise and appreciate how much wild birds contribute to our lives.
International Dawn Chorus Day 2013 will be the biggest and most interactive ever, with participants worldwide using the hashtag #idcd on Twitter to share their experiences of the event and upload images of the array of birds in chorus.
The Wildlife Trust for Birmingham and the Black Country organises the annual event, which, founded by environmentalist Chris Baines in the 1980s, has grown from a small gathering in Birmingham to an international celebration of nature’s daily miracle.
WHERE: Three Brooks Local Nature Reserve, Bradley Stoke
MEET AT: Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre
TIME: 5.50am meet-up, will finish around 8.30am
WEAR: Suitable warm/weatherproof clothing and stout boots
BRING: Binoculars, drink and a snack if needed
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - January 8th, 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - September 18th, 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - May 18th, 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - March 30th, 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - December 8th, 2018