Players from Bradley Stoke Town FC (BSTFC) will face a team of celebrities and ex-professionals in a charity match at the Jubilee Centre next Saturday (18th May).
Hosted by BSTFC and Ben Walker, the main event gets under way at 2.30pm and monies raised will benefit the local scout group.
There will be an ice cream van and a fast food van on site to cater for the spectators with ball boys/girls and collectors on hand from the scouts.
The bar will also be open throughout and after the match and there will be a raffle where the prizes include Bristol Rovers tickets and the signed match ball.
Players confirmed so far for The All Stars Pro XI are:
- John Rendell, ex Cardiff City
- Paul Burling, performer (Britain’s Got Talent)
- Ben Walker, councillor; ex Southmead Athletic
- Philip Mills, Stoke Lane FC and Greyfriars FC
- Joe Love, Manor Farm FC
- Joe White, Bristol Rovers apprentice
- Steve White, ex Bristol Rovers, Hereford, Luton, Swindon and Cardiff
- Ben Walker, ex Bristol Rovers, Yate, Brislington and Winterbourne
The main game will be preceded by a Bradley Stoke Youth FC U7s match (1pm start).
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Covid won’t wilt Marie Curie’s Great Daffodil Appeal - 19th March 2021
- Teenager's cake bakes raise hundreds of pounds for local charity - 13th January 2021
- Grant award a welcome boost for local charity - 17th November 2020
- Local mum’s new role supporting families of children with heart conditions - 6th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - 23rd May 2020