Players from Bradley Stoke Town FC (BSTFC) will face a team of celebrities and ex-professionals in a charity match at the Jubilee Centre next Saturday (18th May).
Hosted by BSTFC and Ben Walker, the main event gets under way at 2.30pm and monies raised will benefit the local scout group.
There will be an ice cream van and a fast food van on site to cater for the spectators with ball boys/girls and collectors on hand from the scouts.
The bar will also be open throughout and after the match and there will be a raffle where the prizes include Bristol Rovers tickets and the signed match ball.
Players confirmed so far for The All Stars Pro XI are:
- John Rendell, ex Cardiff City
- Paul Burling, performer (Britain’s Got Talent)
- Ben Walker, councillor; ex Southmead Athletic
- Philip Mills, Stoke Lane FC and Greyfriars FC
- Joe Love, Manor Farm FC
- Joe White, Bristol Rovers apprentice
- Steve White, ex Bristol Rovers, Hereford, Luton, Swindon and Cardiff
- Ben Walker, ex Bristol Rovers, Yate, Brislington and Winterbourne
The main game will be preceded by a Bradley Stoke Youth FC U7s match (1pm start).
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - May 23rd, 2020
- Local residents in training for 110-mile cancer charity walk - February 29th, 2020
- Marie Curie fundraisers looking for new volunteers in 2020 - January 18th, 2020
- Mental Elf Run a resounding success - January 10th, 2020
- Local community makes a splash for cash - September 26th, 2019