The B Team at Bradley Stoke Town FC (BSTFC) is flying high, having won two league games on the bounce. The game that started the winning streak was their 10-1 win over Whitchurch Pheonix two weeks ago. This was followed by a 1-0 victory over Broadwalk at the weekend.
The Broadwalk match saw Dax Baker scoring on his last game for the B team before he heads off for university. A good piece of forward play, putting pressure on the goalkeeper and forcing an error, enabled him to slot the ball into the open net.
The B Team’s confidence should now be better for their next game as they look to make it three wins on the bounce. They face Cosmos Reserves on Saturday (21st September).
Photo: The BSTFC B Team in action against Broadwalk.
Editor’s note: The result of the Broadwalk match is to be reviewed by the league management committee after the referee ended the game with eight minutes remaining because the BSTFC manager Steve Kearton “got some stick from the crowd”.
Last weekend’s youth results:
- Bradley Stoke Youth FC Under-10 Girls 2 – 0 Boco Blue
- Bradley Stoke Youth FC Under-11 Girls 8 – 1 Cadbury Heath
- Bradley Stoke Youth FC Under-12 Girls 2 – 1 Hutton Juniors
- Bradley Stoke Youth FC Under-10 Boys 4 – 2 Mangotsfield
- Bradley Stoke United Under-10s 3 – 5 Bristol Central
- Bradley Stoke United Under-11s 2 – 1 Bitton Reds
- Bradley Stoke United Under-12s 6 – 1 Bradley Stoke Youth FC
- Bradley Stoke United Under-13s 9 – 0 Severnvale United
- Bradley Stoke United Under-15s 2 – 9 Whitchurch
- Bradley Stoke United Under-16s 2 – 9 Cadbury Heath Youth
Bristol Academy to launch ‘Mini Vixens’
Bristol Academy Womens FC are launching a weekly fun football session for girls and boys aged 5 to 7.
Delivered by first team players Angharad James and Lauren Haynes, the sessions will be a fun way for girls and boys to get into football with a focus on ball skills and small-sided games.
The weekly sessions start on Thursday 19th September at SGS WISE campus in Stoke Gifford, from 5.30pm-6.30pm. The sessions will run for a ten week block. Sessions are £5 per week or £40 for the block of 10.
More info: Bristol Academy WFC Mini Vixens
Success for Patchway triathlete at European Championships
A locally-based athlete is currently enjoying a well-earned rest after representing Great Britain in the European Long Distance Triathlon Championships in Vichy, France at the beginning of September.
Akhil Viz, 24, is originally from Gibraltar but has been based in Bristol since October 2011. He lives in Patchway and works as an Aerospace Engineer at Atkins Global on the Aztec West Business Park.
The ultra-distance sportsman was selected for the GB team after a good showing in the 2012 UK Ironman Triathlon (2.4 mile swim + 112 mile bike + 26 mile run).
An excellent performance in Vichy saw Akhil finish 6th within his age group and 189th overall (out of around 700 entrants) in a total time of 10 hours and 48 minutes.
Read more about Akhil’s achievements (Patchway Journal)
Article by Connor Summers
If you would like to see your club’s news and/or match reports appear in future editions of the Bradley Stoke Sport Report, please email your contribution to our newsdesk by 6pm on a Monday.
Last 5 posts in Sport
- Hundreds attend Butty’s memorial match at BSCS - February 10th, 2020
- Sole Sisters can get you running – Beginners’ course starts Monday 6th January - January 5th, 2020
- BSFYC U10 Blues at the FA Community Shield - November 12th, 2019
- Success for Bradley Stoke gymnasts at SW Champs - November 10th, 2019
- Local building firm steps in to sponsor U12 girls - October 15th, 2019