Wessex Bristol has today launched a new bus service, the 3B, linking Bristol Parkway Station and Aztec West via Bradley Stoke or Little Stoke.
The new public service replaces a shuttle bus that Wessex previously operated between Bristol Parkway Station and Aztec West on behalf of a group of private sector organisations based at Aztec West.
In the early morning, buses run in a clockwise direction, starting from Baileys Court Inn and running via Hatchet Road, Bristol Parkway Station, Hatchet Road, Braydon Avenue and Gloucester Road into the Aztec West Business Park.
In the late afternoon, and early evening, buses run in an anti-clockwise direction from Aztec West, via Gloucester Road, Braydon Avenue, Hatchet Road, Bristol Parkway Station and Hatchet Road back to Baileys Court Inn.
The peak hour journeys described above are timed to connect with trains arriving at (in the morning) and departing from (later in the day) Bristol Parkway Station.
Although the private shuttle service only operated at peak times, the new Wessex 3B runs throughout the day. From 09.37am until 2.37pm, the 3B runs every hour from Aztec West to Bristol City Centre, via Bradley Stoke Way, the Willow Brook Centre, Baileys Court Inn, Hatchet Road, Bristol Parkway Station, Brierly Furlong, Great Stoke Way, Station Road, Gloucester Road and Cheltenham Road. It returns from Colston Avenue every hour between 9.40am and 2.40pm.
A single ticket between Parkway Station and Aztec West costs £1.30. For longer journeys, the £3 Wessex day ticket is available, which is also valid on the Wessex Red 13 service between the Willow Brook Centre and Bristol city centre.
More information and related links:
- Wessex 3B timetable (Wessex website)
- Wessex 3B timetable [PDF]
- Wessex 3B route map (extract)
- Wessex 3B timetable and route map (Google Docs)
- Bus Services in Bradley Stoke
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus service frequencies to be reduced from Sunday - 22nd January 2021
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020
- Rabbit Roundabout improvements: Completion date slips into October - 21st October 2020
- Legal e-scooter trial expected to start soon - 10th October 2020
- Roadworks in the Stokes: Plenty more to come! - 8th October 2020