Two suggestions for “Bradley Stokers” suffering poor bus services to Bristol (as recorded in recent editions of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine):
- Try the trains from nearby Patchway Station (not Parkway). Morning departures 07:06, 07:37 and 08:39 – and only twelve minutes to Temple Meads. A poor frequency and overcrowding, but quick!
- Contact Jack Lopresti’s (our MP’s) office to support what he and I are trying to do, which is to improve the timetable with more stops at this increasingly busy, but woefully inadequately served station.
This is a non-party issue (I, personally am apolitical), so if Ian Boulton (Labour Parliamentary Candidate) reads this, he could do likewise, ditto for Cllr Tom Aditya!
A broad united front is needed against the obstructive unholy trinity of First Great Western, The Department for Transport and Network Rail. Even South Gloucestershire Council might take an interest?
Finally, if you do try the train, return services from Temple Meads leave at 16:24, 17:21 and 18:21. The first two are very busy, but, again, the journey is only twelve minutes!
Photo: Patchway Station (it’s actually in Little Stoke, rather than Patchway!)
This letter originally appeared in the February 2015 edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine, delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,500 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus service frequencies to be reduced from Sunday - 22nd January 2021
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020
- Rabbit Roundabout improvements: Completion date slips into October - 21st October 2020
- Legal e-scooter trial expected to start soon - 10th October 2020
- Roadworks in the Stokes: Plenty more to come! - 8th October 2020