Police are warning householders in Bradley Stoke to make sure their properties are secure following two burglaries on Great Meadow Road last night (Wednesday 13th/Thursday 14th April), including one in which the homeowner was threatened by an intruder.
The first incident is reported to have taken place just after 4.30am at a property on Great Meadow Road. A male gained access to the property and threatened the homeowner before stealing a number of items. He then left the property.
The second incident also took place on Great Meadow Road, between 10pm yesterday and 5.30am this morning. Here, an unknown offender entered the property and stole a number of items.
The Journal understands that small electronic items, including a laptop, a tablet computer and a smart watch were among the things stolen, along with a wallet and a purse. Some of the items believed to have been stolen were later found discarded in the street, according to one local resident.
Sources locally say there have been several other burglaries in the area over the last few days, but this has not been confirmed by the police.
A spokesperson for Avon and Somerset Police said:
“Our investigation is at an early stage but we have conducted house to house enquiries and we would ask anyone with information to contact us now on 101.”
“We would advise all residents to make sure their properties are secure before going to bed – this includes all doors and windows. Make sure you remove all valuable items from sight.”
Several burglaries in Bradley Stoke over the 24hrs. Please be vigilant and keep your property locked up at night!
— ASPTheStokes (@ASPTheStokes) April 14, 2016
For more security advice, visit www.avonandsomerset.police.uk
Photo: Great Meadow Road (archive image).
Last 5 posts in Police
- Over 200 attend public meeting with police after surge in burglaries in Bradley Stoke - February 13th, 2017
- Burglar arrested in Bradley Stoke jailed for four years after admitting multiple offences - February 4th, 2017
- Bradley Stoke councillor calls public meeting to discuss surge in burglaries - January 23rd, 2017
- Bradley Stoke burglary thought to be linked to others on same day in neighbouring areas - January 19th, 2017
- Appeal after jewellery stolen in Winsbury Way burglary - December 21st, 2016
Share this article: