Eleven former mayors of Bradley Stoke were honoured at the Annual Town Meeting on Wednesday 11th May.
The (then) current mayor of Bradley Stoke, Cllr Roger Avenin, welcomed everyone to the meeting and explained that the council wished to recognise the work done by the past mayors over the years and, to this end, had commissioned a pin badge to be presented to all past and future mayors.
Former and current mayors receiving the honour were (l-r):
- Julian Barge (2003-2005 & 2007-2008)
- Brian Hopkinson (2013-2014)
- Charlotte Walker (2012-2013)
- Robert Jones (2008-2009)
- Sandra Hobson (2005-2006)
- Michael Collins (2002-2003)
- Veronica Conway-Haskins (2006-2007)
- Brian Turner (1996)
- Roger Avenin (2015-2016)
- Jon Williams (1996-1998 & 2000-2001)
- Heather Williams (1999-2000)
- Ben Walker (2010-2012)
• A roll of honour showing the names and terms of office of all former mayors of Bradley Stoke can be found on the town council website at www.bradleystoke.gov.uk/docs/WebRollofHonour.xlsx
This article originally appeared in the June 2016 edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine, delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,500 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in Bradley Stoke Town Council
- Town council reveals plan for changes at Brook Way Activity Centre site - March 2nd, 2017
- Council agrees to extend car park at Brook Way - August 24th, 2016
- Meet the new mayor: Elaine Hardwick - June 22nd, 2016
- Elaine Hardwick is Bradley Stoke's new mayor - May 25th, 2016
- Council "saves" thousands on mayoral chain - April 2nd, 2016
Share this article: