Four-year-old Lily Williams, from Bradley Stoke, is the latest local resident to have her long locks chopped off and donated to the Little Princess Trust.
The charity supplies real-hair wigs to boys and girls across the UK and Ireland who have lost their own hair through cancer treatment or have conditions which lead to hair loss, such as alopecia.
Lily,who attends Abacus Pre-School but will be starting at Meadowbrook Primary in September, was moved to help the charity after a friend of her mum, Katie, underwent treatment for cancer and suffered hair loss. Lily asked her mum if “children get poorly and loose hair” and, on being told that they sometimes did, decided she would like to “give them some of her own hair”.
Lily has also raised over £1,000 for the Little Princess Trust, thanks to donations from Abacus Pre-School, family, friends and work colleagues of her mum and dad.
The trust will use this money towards the cost of manufacturing wigs from the hair it receives.
The all-important haircut was carried out free of charge on Tuesday 19th July at the Alan Bendrey & Co salon, Aztec West, watched by Lily’s parents Katie and Bradley, sister Ruby and two of her grandparents.
Katie and Bradley say they are completely overwhelmed by people’s generosity and very proud of their daughter.
• Donations via www.justgiving.com/Katie-Williams54
This article originally appeared in the August 2016 edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine, delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,500 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Specsavers staff pedal and bake for Comic Relief - March 23rd, 2017
- Anorexia survivor launches charity fundraising campaign - January 13th, 2017
- Tesco relay raises thousands for cancer charity - November 21st, 2016
- Bradley Stoke man in team attempting 45-mile charity walk around Bristol - October 13th, 2016
- Local mum’s skydive for Jessie May charity - June 18th, 2016
Share this article:
Tags: Little Princess Trust