MetroBus contractors Alun Griffiths will be carrying out overnight resurfacing of the Orchard Gate junction with Bradley Stoke Way tonight, Thursday 10th November. The work, which is planned to last for one night only, is being carried out to “address safety concerns and improve road levels” in the vicinity of the junction.
The contractors will work between the hours of 8pm and 6am, and will aim to carry out all the noisier activities of planing/milling the existing surface prior to midnight.
Temporary traffic lights will be in operation, in preference to fully closing the road.
Access to Orchard Gate will be maintained throughout the works.
Writing in a letter delivered to residents of nearby properties earlier this week, Jim Aitken, community liaison officer for Griffiths, said:
“There will be some noise disruption whilst milling the surface before the surface layer of tarmac is laid. Apologies for any disruption and delays caused throughout this period of essential work and thank you for your cooperation and assistance.”
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus timetable changes on M1 & 73 from Sunday - 10th April 2021
- Raised table proposed for Brook Way zebra crossing - 4th April 2021
- 'Hop-on, hop-off' e-scooter hire scheme arrives in the Stokes - 14th February 2021
- Bus service frequencies to be reduced from Sunday - 22nd January 2021
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020