MetroBus contractors Alun Griffiths have announced that overnight closures of Bradley Stoke Way for final resurfacing will continue from Monday to Friday this week (30th January to 3rd February), between the hours of 8pm and 5am.
The westbound-only closures between Patchway Brook Roundabout (near Aldi) and the Aztec West Roundabout seen in the last two weeks will continue, weather permitting, until mid-week when the closure will switch to the eastbound carriageway from the Aztec West Roundabout down to Patchway Brook Roundabout. The majority of the width of Bradley Stoke Way will by then have had its final wearing surface applied, with just the eastbound lane remaining to be done.
A statement on the Griffiths community webpage for the Bradley Stoke zone of the MetroBus construction project states:
“A key area for traffic day or night is Aztec West to Woodlands Lane to enter the Hilton and industrial estate. We estimate we should complete work in this area over two nights, meaning two night time closures where diversions between the times stated will need to be followed and entry made via Pear Tree Road. Once complete, this area will be opened, leaving the remainder of the eastbound carriageway down to Patchway Brook to be surfaced. This is likely to require further night time work next week to complete.”
“We shall identify the exact nights closer to the time, again considering the weather forecast, and alert the usual websites [e.g. the Bradley Stoke Journal and our own community site].”
A Griffiths spokesperson added:
“We are doing what we can to minimise noise disruption to immediate residents but there is vehicle noise and vibration associated with this essential work.”
N.B. Any updates received through the week, will be appended as comments on this post.
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Five-way traffic lights to be used for final phase of Bradley Stoke Way resurfacing - February 13th, 2017
- Woodlands Lane junction set to be fully reopened by end of February - February 9th, 2017
- Overnight closures of Bradley Stoke Way (eastbound) for five nights this week - February 6th, 2017
- Overnight closures of Bradley Stoke Way planned for every night this week (Mon-Fri) - January 23rd, 2017
- Bradley Stoke Way to be closed overnight for three nights starting this Wednesday - January 17th, 2017
Share this article: