MetroBus contractors Alun Griffiths have confirmed that overnight closures of Bradley Stoke Way for final resurfacing will continue from Monday to Friday this week (6th to 10th February), between the hours of 8pm and 5am.
The closures this week will be eastbound-only, covering either the full section between the Aztec West Roundabout and Patchway Brook Roundabout (near Aldi) or the shorter section between the Woodlands Lane junction and Patchway Brook Roundabout.
Signed diversions will be in place. The westbound carriageway will remain open at all times.
A Griffiths spokesperson said:
“We are planning three night time closures of the entire eastbound carriageway from Aztec West to Patchway Brook during the first three nights (Monday to Wednesday) of this week, each from 8pm until 5am or sooner. The remainder of the week will include eastbound closures from Woodlands Lane to Patchway Brook for the final wearing surface.”
“As always, the surfacing work is weather dependant and a judgement will need to be made daily.”
“Access will be maintained for residents to Orchard Gate through the works as necessary.”
“We again thank the residents and businesses for their continued patience, particularly those in close proximity to the surfacing works and apologise for the disturbance whilst we conclude our works in this area.”
N.B. Any updates received through the week, will be appended as comments on this post.
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020
- Rabbit Roundabout improvements: Completion date slips into October - 21st October 2020
- Legal e-scooter trial expected to start soon - 10th October 2020
- Roadworks in the Stokes: Plenty more to come! - 8th October 2020
- Woodlands Lane roundabout resurfacing set to start on Thursday - 16th September 2020