MetroBus contractors Alun Griffiths have confirmed that overnight closures of Bradley Stoke Way for final resurfacing will continue from Monday to Friday this week (6th to 10th February), between the hours of 8pm and 5am.
The closures this week will be eastbound-only, covering either the full section between the Aztec West Roundabout and Patchway Brook Roundabout (near Aldi) or the shorter section between the Woodlands Lane junction and Patchway Brook Roundabout.
Signed diversions will be in place. The westbound carriageway will remain open at all times.
A Griffiths spokesperson said:
“We are planning three night time closures of the entire eastbound carriageway from Aztec West to Patchway Brook during the first three nights (Monday to Wednesday) of this week, each from 8pm until 5am or sooner. The remainder of the week will include eastbound closures from Woodlands Lane to Patchway Brook for the final wearing surface.”
“As always, the surfacing work is weather dependant and a judgement will need to be made daily.”
“Access will be maintained for residents to Orchard Gate through the works as necessary.”
“We again thank the residents and businesses for their continued patience, particularly those in close proximity to the surfacing works and apologise for the disturbance whilst we conclude our works in this area.”
N.B. Any updates received through the week, will be appended as comments on this post.
Last 5 posts in Transport
- MetroBus project: February progress report - March 10th, 2017
- MetroBus work at southern end of Bradley Stoke Way to start next week - February 26th, 2017
- Ring Road viaduct closure set to cause “significant delays” for a year - February 22nd, 2017
- Five-way traffic lights to be used for final phase of Bradley Stoke Way resurfacing - February 13th, 2017
- Woodlands Lane junction set to be fully reopened by end of February - February 9th, 2017
Share this article: