MetroBus contractors Alun Griffiths have confirmed plans to complete the resurfacing of Bradley Stoke Way over the first two nights of this week, which will involve the use of five-way traffic lights around Patchway Brook Roundabout (near Aldi).
It is anticipated that traffic control will be active from 8pm each night.
A Griffiths spokesperson said:
“Having now concluded the night-time surfacing along Bradley Stoke Way between the Aztec West and Patchway Brook roundabouts, we shall, over two nights, Monday and Tuesday 13th/14th February, surface the remaining section of Bradley Stoke Way immediately east of Patchway Brook Roundabout. This is approximately a 40-metre stretch. We shall be completing this at night from 8pm until 5am (or sooner) using five-way temporary traffic lights around Patchway Brook Roundabout.”
The aim is to complete one lane on Monday night and the other on Tuesday night.
The spokesperson added:
“We look forward to the commissioning of the main traffic lights at both the Woodlands Lane junction and Orchard Gate by South Gloucestershire Council before the junctions can be made fully functional within our programme before the end of this month.”
N.B. Any further updates received from the contractors will be appended as comments on this post.
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020
- Rabbit Roundabout improvements: Completion date slips into October - 21st October 2020
- Legal e-scooter trial expected to start soon - 10th October 2020
- Roadworks in the Stokes: Plenty more to come! - 8th October 2020
- Woodlands Lane roundabout resurfacing set to start on Thursday - 16th September 2020