Sporty staff from a Bradley Stoke opticians worked hard to raise money for Comic Relief, by taking part in an exercise-a-thon on Tuesday (21st March).
The team from Specsavers in the Willow Brook Centre supported the charity by taking it in turns to row and ride part of a long-distance challenge, in exchange for donations towards the cause.
The team is also running a ‘guess the number of sweets in the jar’ competition, giving customers a chance to win a giant bunny and Easter egg, as well as hosting a bake sale on Saturday (25th March) and selling the official Specsavers Comic Relief glasses. Priced at just £2 and in the store now, the glasses come in adult and children’s sizes.
Ed Stanleigh, store director, said:
“We’re very proud of the team for supporting the cause and volunteering to take part in the challenge.”
“It’s really important that we raise some money in the process, so please dig deep and support them on this fundraising initiative – you’ll be bettering the lives of those in need by doing so.”
Specsavers is supporting Comic Relief to help poor and vulnerable people living tough lives both here in the UK and across Africa and has pledged to raise at least £250,000 for the charity.
Specsavers has been a Comic Relief partner since 2015.
For more information, please visit Specsavers at the Willow Brook Centre, Bradley Stoke BS32 8EF. Call the store on 01454 275020 or visit www.specsavers.co.uk/stores/bradleystoke
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Anorexia survivor launches charity fundraising campaign - January 13th, 2017
- Tesco relay raises thousands for cancer charity - November 21st, 2016
- Bradley Stoke man in team attempting 45-mile charity walk around Bristol - October 13th, 2016
- Lily, 4, donates hair to Little Princess Trust - August 15th, 2016
- Local mum’s skydive for Jessie May charity - June 18th, 2016
Share this article: