Filton and Bradley Stoke MP Jack Lopresti writes:
Next weekend, I will be running in the Great Bristol Half Marathon. Over the years I have run this half marathon several times, as well as the London Marathon, to raise money for charities such as Action for Children, Barnardo’s, Blesma, The Julian Trust and Great Western Air Ambulance Charity. This year I am hoping to raise funds for CLIC Sargent.
CLIC Sargent are a fantastic charity, who do amazing work within our local community. They are almost entirely reliant on donations from the public to fund the range of services they offer, which aim to support families from the initial diagnosis through every stage of treatment. Each family receives a unique experience tailored to their individual needs by CLIC Sargent’s specialist care team, who are there to help, support and guide anyone who requires their help.
CLIC Sargent are looking to build on the work they already do and have set the following aims to achieve by 2025:
- Deliver the right support for everyone – at diagnosis, during treatment and after treatment has ended
- Provide more support for those who are bereaved because of childhood cancer
- Open more CLIC Sargent Homes from Home , close to specialist hospitals
- Spread the best practice they’ve established in nursing
- Offer easily available financial support and welfare advice
- Increase income, in partnership with their supporters
To achieve this, they will need an increase in their funding and I would like to play a small part in helping them achieve their targets.
If you would like to support CLIC Sargent, then please donate via my JustGiving page.
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Teenager's cake bakes raise hundreds of pounds for local charity - 13th January 2021
- Grant award a welcome boost for local charity - 17th November 2020
- Local mum’s new role supporting families of children with heart conditions - 6th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - 23rd May 2020
- Local residents in training for 110-mile cancer charity walk - 29th February 2020